Monday, January 19, 2009

Venting a little steam!

As a family our way of living has drastically changed, as some of you know, due to the visitor we currently reside with. While I love, love, love being a mother to my own little family, I didn't take said visitor to raise! While it's my motherly duty to pick up after my own children, feed them, clean & clothe them, I don't feel the need to do these motherly activities for a GROWN person. For my HUSBAND, YES! Anyone else....NO! Am I makin sense? I mean it's like having 4 children in my house! FOUR kids you say, how can that be? Well my precious sweet 2 little ones, Brie & Boots, & then there of course is Josh... he might as well be a kid, & last the VISITOR.
Today for example, while doing the laundry I had mastered the feat of having a small load left, so in order to have a load worthy to wash I offered to do a few clothes with ours. In the midst of putting the load from the washer to the dryer & getting it back out of the dyer, which is how laundry gets done, did I once get a "thank you". As a mother I don't do all these things to get "thank yous" but it would be nice to get one from the visitor. I believe the visitor just expects these things of me because it's what I do. To me it is a pathetic excuse when a grown visitor is staying with someone and they just expect everything to be handed to them. I pray & hope that if my children ever have to go stay with someone else (when they get older) that they are at least courteous enough to pick up after themselves, say THANK YOU!, appreciate what others do, & well this list could just go on & on. These are just your every day manners I'm talking about here.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

1 Peter 4: 9-10 Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace

Hang in there. Pray for strength, not your own strength. God will provide. :)

You could always just bit your lip, like the Mother in Little Women did. hehehe Servant hood is not easy, but purifying to our soul.