Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Firsts...good & a little sad

Today Brie takes her FIRST school pictures. I forgot till Ms. Lauri reminded Josh who called to remind me. (THANKS MS. LAURI!) She was at HUNNY's & the outfit she was going to wear just wasn't FIRST picture material. So I drove (not too fast) to get her & we hurriedly put on a very FIRST picture worthy ensemble. It makes me a little sad to think this is just the beginning of her school pictures yet to come. It also makes me dread the first day of kindergarten (I know I will cry). It brings back the traumatic memory of her first day of preschool this year, (I cried then too). But then it takes me back to her first smile (she was born smiling), her first tooth (that was a nightmare), her first steps, & the first time she spent the night with Uncle Buddy..which happened to be her first sleepover out of Olney (2 hours away). Of course there are many more but those are just a few. All of those firsts went pretty well or at last we survived them. So I'll just pick my chin up & think of the tons more FIRSTS yet to come & thank God for sending me my precious girl & allowing me to witness her FIRSTS.

2 comments:

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Awwww our little girl is growing up so quickly. Like I told her today--the first of 14 years of school pictures (including preschool & kindergarten)! Anxious to see if she smiled, so I'll know if I owe her $5--ha, ha!

Molly said...

Just wait until you get the first homework! Ugh!!! I'm sick of it already!