Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Years Resolution!

So, my New Year's resolution this year was to stop drinking all soda's and drinking less sweet tea. I had previously cut myslef back realizing I consumed way to many and doing so, I began drinking lots more sweet tea. I felt that just cutting back wasn't enough, so that's when I came up with my resolution. Just an FYI, I have never been the type to make resolutions, because I figured I would never stick to them, and that there would never be any point in making one.

However, this year I had a little inspiration, when one of the girls in our youth group went vegan for 2011, and the previous year, she went without sodas, I decided to give it a try. What teenager do you know could be dedicated enough to not drink sodas for a year and then transition to becoming a vegan for another year. I was so blown away by her determination, that I felt I could do it too. (This year her resolution is no junk food.)

So I'm writing this post to brag on myself. Today it has been a month since I have had a coke of any kind, and I'm doing very well in the less super sweet tea department as well. WOOHOO! Now for my confession - the first week was terrible. I wanted a Dr. Pepper so bad. Now, I see people drinking cokes and it doesn't bother me as bad. I'm not going to lie though, I would give almost anything to get a Large Diet Vanilla Coke from Dairy Queen.

And as this month is coming to an end, Yahoo! had an article I thought was interesting. I posted it below.
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/3-shocking-soda-facts

After reading this article, my children are no longer allowed to drink Mountain Dew.

No comments: