Friday, April 3, 2009

Creativity... enough for a month.

The past few weeks have been very busy for us. I found Brodie’s birthday present I will post pictures of it when we get it put together after his Birthday. I think he will LOVE it.

I have apparently gotten bit by the creative bug. A couple of months ago I was inspired by a homemade birthday invitation idea I had seen in a magazine, it was a cowboy themed invitation. (reminded me of my little cowboy!). So a couple of weeks ago with that invitation in mind I thought HEY! I can make Brodie’s Birthday invitations myself. So I proceeded to make out the plans, got all my paper & stuff, & was super pumped about making these things. Well about one & a half weeks later I was getting burned out making 20 cards seemed like a good idea at the time but MAN was I wrong. I finally did finish them & needless to say, I’m proud of how they turned out. So here they are. What do you think?
Front

Inside

back

Also I’ve went a little crazy trying to find some creative blogs & stumbled upon the following page http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ this girl is AWESOME. Go to the page & you will see what I’m talking about. Once again I was inspired to be creative when I saw her Egg Cake Suckers & created my own for a snack for my Wednesday night AWANA group. Of course mine were not as pretty but man they sure tasted good. Josh even took a few to work & got rave reviews. It is super easy to make them & if you don’t want to take all the time to dip them just make cake balls. (sounds kinda funny but once you try them you may never eat cake normally again)

I am always willing to try a new recipe. My all time favorite place to find recipes (on the Internet) is http://www.recipezaar.com/ if you are a recipe fanatic like I am you should go there. I picked up some new & easy chicken recipes this week & tried a few out on the family! I didn’t take pictures of anything I made (cause I didn’t think about it). But if you are interested in a YUMMY & EASY Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipe & an EASY EASY Barbecue Chicken Crock pot recipe let me know. I’ll get ‘em to ya. I also have been trying to perfect my version of my Meema’s Spanish Rice recipe. I may have finally mastered it.

Last but not least, I let my children brush my hair last night… for me it was a NIGHTMARE. I’m incredibly tender headed & it felt like they were just pulling it all out. However bad it may have hurt we did get some cute pictures of us & the kids. Take a look.

I think he was about to brush my eye!

My "I can't take this anymore" face

You can just see the orneriness in that smile!


after brushing my hair

with daddy

1 comment:

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

You did a wonderful job on Brodie's invitations, even if it turned into a bigger project than you imagined. I love the pictures of the kids fixing your hair and the photo of you, Brie, & Brodie is AWESOME!!