Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Confession Time!

So for Christmas I asked for a sewing machine, because I was inspired by all the things people have been sewing & making. I never really thought I'd actually get one but my husband surprised me with one. Now here it is already March & the poor little thing has yet to see daylight. So I confess, I thought I could do it, you know, actually sew something but I'm a little nervous about the whole process.

Since Brodie's birthday is coming up & he is all into Batman, I decided I'm going to ATTEMP to make superhero capes as favors.

**Since I started this post, I did try to make a cape, & it turned out ok, but not well enough to actually give someone. So I passed the project on to the person who does my sewing for me... Kay Dixon. She is my hero.

While I didn't finish making the capes, I did make a reversible bag for Brodie... I guess you might even call it his diaper bag. It is to replace the backpack we have been using for his diaper bag. I'm really proud of it, I mean it's not great, but it works & the best part is Brodie likes it a lot. I have taken pictures I will post them eventually.



1 comment:

The Wiemers said...

That is good. I enjoy sewing but can't seem to find the time!